Origin: India, Province Rajasthan
The XertifiX PLUS criteria are fulfilled in the quarry and the factory.
The PLUS-Label is issued if 2/3 of all criteria and all must-criteria are fulfilled.
The mandatory criteria are:
- No Child Labour (ILO conventions 138 and 182)
- No Bonded Labour (ILO conventions 29 and 105)
- Labour Union Access and Collective Bargaining (ILO conventions 87 and 98)
- No Discrimination (ILO conventions 100 and 111)
- Fair Working Hours (ILO conventions 1 and 14)
- Payment of minimum wage according to the local law
- Provision and usage of Personal Protective Equipment (e.g. masks, eye protection, helmets, ear protection and boots)
- Measures of pollution control / Waste-Management
- Production and processing units/business are legal
- Traceability of the chain of production from the importer to the quarry