The PLUS-Label is issued if 2/3 of all criteria and all must-criteria are fulfilled.
The mandatory criteria are:
- No Child Labour (ILO conventions 138 and 182)
- No Bonded Labour (ILO conventions 29 and 105)
- Labour Union Access and Collective Bargaining (ILO conventions 87 and 98)
- No Discrimination (ILO conventions 100 and 111)
- Fair Working Hours (ILO conventions 1 and 14)
- Payment of minimum wage according to the local law
- Provision and usage of Personal Protective Equipment (e.g. masks, eye protection, helmets, ear protection and boots)
- Measures of pollution control / Waste-Management
- Production and processing units/business are legal
- Traceability of the chain of production from the importer to the quarry
18 months after the first time the PLUS label is issued, all XertifiX criteria must be adhered to.
The design of the XertifiX logo comes from the Freiburg artist Jörg Bollin.