The PLUS Factory ONLY certification is awarded if traceability back to the first supplier is not possible due to the fragmented nature of the products (eg small parts such as stone, glass or metal splinters in the manufacture of tiles). This must be confirmed in writing by the importer. Otherwise, all PLUS requirements apply.
The PLUS label will be awarded once all the criteria of the standard certification (years 0 to 2) are met, plus the following criteria:
- Building and construction safety
- safe building structure
- Safety measures on machines (installation and usage) and valid inspection certificates and / or approvals for equipment (e.g. pneumatic drills) in accordance with the local law
- proper electrical installations (e.g. isolation of cables),
- elimination of tripping hazards,
- fire-preparedness (e.g. fire extinguishers),
- availability and accessibility of emergency exits,
- clear escape routes.
- Written company contracts also in the language of workers. Records of all workers (including temporary, seasonal and migrant workers) need to be kept. Identity cards for all workers.
- Setting up a workers’ grievance mechanism (e.g. through the workers’ representative and/or a complaint box, complaint phone number)
- Payment of living wage, if the minimum wage is below the living wage (ILO Convention 131)
- Paid annual leave and paid leave in case of sickness according to the local law
- No discrimination based on gender and pregnancy.
- Adequate work for pregnant women and special leave at pre- and post-delivery (according to local law, at least ILO 183)
- Provision of adequate facilities for babies and small children at workplace
- Equal wage for equal work (ILO 100)
- Company takes steps to protect women against sexual violence and harassment at the workplace.
- Compulsory annual improvements in working conditions, workers’ rights and environmental protection in the following two years.
The design of the XertifiX logo comes from the Freiburg artist Jörg Bollin.