- Exploitation through child and slave labor must end. Especially in Asia.
- Fairly produced goods for the EU market need a reputable certificate.
- So that better conditions for work and environmental protection are promoted.
• As an NGO, Xertifix e.V. is a registered non-profit association.
• We are competent in international certification and consulting.
• We have many years of experience in the Asian stone sector.
• We regularly inspect factories and quarries on site.
• We issue internationally recognized certificates with IAO standard.
• We support help for self-help for working-class families.
• We offer children schooling instead of working in quarries.
• We offer an internationally recognized certificate as proof of responsible corporate behavior (CSR)<
In Asian quarries and factories, we use audits to determine the working conditions, environmental protection and legality. Then the producers have the chance to gradually improve. They are supported by the XertifiX standard, which has been broken down into several smaller parts. As a result, it is possible even for smaller producers to undertake the necessary individual measures for improvement.
In addition, we are guided by the supply chain due diligence approach. XertifiX has developed a model of risk assessment and possible risk mitigation measures for the natural stone sector. Together with the audits, XertifiX provides the trade with a practical toolbox that can effectively improve social and environmental working conditions.
How to combat child labor and slave labor? Prohibitions alone do not help. You have to start much wider. Those who pay unfair wages, those who ignore health and safety, who allow unsafe working conditions, risk sickness and undersupply of workers and promotes the cycle of poverty, poor education and poor job prospects. In addition, child labor not only harms the children themselves because they can not attend school or graduate. As children’s labor supply increases, the pressure on adult wages increases. They are all the more easily extortionable with lowest wages.
The Federal Government to XertifiX:
“Good choice! This seal meets our credibility and social requirements” (www.siegelklarheit.de)
Benjamin Pütter for XertifiX Sozialprojekte e.V. on ZDF
At this year's donation gala on ZDF, Benjamin Pütter performed live and presented a project by XertifiX Social Projects e.V. in conversation with Johannes B. Kerner. The post can be seen here:
ZDF donation gala in favor of XertifiX social projects
This year's ZDF donation gala with Johannes B. Kerner collects, among other things, for our school project for carpet weaving children, which is monitored by XertifiX social projects. The gala will be broadcast on ZDF [...]
XertifiX chairwoman receives Federal Cross of Merit
We are pleased that our Chairwoman Ingrid Sehrbrock received the Federal Cross of Merit from Prime Minister Dietmar Woidke in the name of Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier last Thursday. The Federal President is thus honoring [...]
We are pleased about your message!
• Give us a call,
• send us an e-mail or
• fill out the contact form
info [ ae t ] xertifix. de
0049 511 13221 5 3 0