The standard label will be awarded if the following requirements are met:
- Compliance with ILO Core Labor Standards
- The right to change employer according to contract.
- Informing all employees about their rights, the purpose of the XertifiX standard and the audit processes (especially with regard to the rights and obligations of employees to comply with this standard).
- Payment of the minimum wage according to local laws.
- Punctual payment according to the contract.
- No wage reduction as a disciplinary measure.
- Legality of the production site.
- Traceability of the supply chain from importer to exporter, processing plant and quarry.
- Compulsory annual improvements in working conditions, workers’ rights and environmental protection in the following two years.
Compliance with the criteria must be proven by two audits per year. The fulfillment of the criteria of the following year is confirmed by audits or the continuous fulfillment of the criteria once reached annually proven. This means that the XertifiX certifications are only valid for one year.
The design of the XertifiX logo comes from the Freiburg artist Jörg Bollin.