XertifiX offers a complaint mechanism …
- if the XertifiX seal is used fraudulently by importers or manufacturers who are not authorized to do so, or
- if a manufacturer wrongly sees his application for certification refused, or
- if companies, manufacturers, workers or other parties concerned do not agree with the work of an auditor (e.g. due to his misconduct) or its results
- if someone else sees himself treated wrongly or unfairly by XertifiX.
In such cases, XertifiX gives every stakeholder the opportunity to submit a complaint to XertifiX e.V. because of misconduct, dissatisfaction with results, abuse, fraud or non-certification.
The complaint must be made in written form, for example about
- the use of the XertifiX seal for natural stones by a party (importer, trader) whose supply chain is not subject to controls or whose supply chain does not meet the certification criteria
- the use of the XertifiX seal by a party (producer, exporter) if the standard criteria are not met
- the non-certification of natural stones by XertifiX e.V., although it is assumed that the certification criteria are complied with in the entire supply chain (e.g. complaints from producers or European importers regarding non-receipt of the certificate)
- the misconduct of an auditor during or after an audit
- the results of an auditor.
The complaint is to be filed to „XertifiX e.V.“ via Email (info [a t] xertifix.de), post (Arndtstr. 20, 30167 Hannover, Germany) or through the website.
The accused party must be informed on the complaint within one week. XertifiX Sozialprojekte will then attempt to resolve the matter between the parties concerned.
If there is no clarification of the matter within four weeks, the board of XertifiX Sozialprojekte e.V. will authorize a consulting team of three people i.e.: trade union, trade, civil society. The consultants should not be involved with the complaint and the case. All parties must accept each member of the advisory team.
The advisory team is to come to a conclusion to clarify the matter within four weeks. This result is summarized in a report and submitted to XertifiX Sozialprojekte. On this basis XertifiX Sozialprojekte e.V. will then come to a binding and final decision within two weeks.
XertifiX Sozialprojekte will ensure that its members, and the XertifiX Board of Trustees are informed:
- about the complaint
- about the result of the arbitrary attempt
- about the report of the consultant team
- about the final decision.
Everyone can ask for information about the complaints submitted. A short email to sozialprojekte [at] xertifix.de is sufficient.