The International Labor Organization (ILO) has called 2021 the year for the elimination of child labor. Individuals and companies are called upon to be particularly active this year in order to jointly fight child labor worldwide!
- Write to a decision maker
- Raise funds for a charity or school dealing with prevention of child labour
- Read about fair trade and how it benefits children of poor families
- Educate yourself and then share what you learn with friends, family, co-workers, and others, and work together to increase your “voting” power
“Individuals have power when they work together in a coordinated global movement.”
- Give action pledge in 2021, e.g.:Development of a regional roadmap for ending child labor with milestones that can be reached based on time and suggested resource allocations.
- Draft new laws and / or guidelines to encourage public procurement as a tool to combat child labor.
- Development of a regional fund to end child labor in 2021.
It is recommended that you download the Action Pledge – Practical Guide: